Monday, November 21, 2011

The Loft

1140 Osgood Street
North Andover, MA 01845
(978) 686-0026
loftsteakandchophouse.com

I've eaten at the Loft a few times but have yet to get a good meal. The food I've been served there has ranged from mediocre to bad. The most consistent thing about this restaurant is their overpricing. Despite this, they seem to do a good business among the locals who don't mind over paying for this nothing special schlock.

The restaurant's building is an old barn which gives it nice cozy feel. The only other positive worth mentioning is the homemade potato chips they serve at the bar. Unfortunately they are usually cold and greasy.

The first time I ate there, my wife ordered the lobster mac-n-cheese which was soupy, strange looking and quite expensive. The next time I ate there I was served one of the worst hamburgers of my life. The bun tasted like an old sponge and the meat was strange.

Bizarrely enough I returned about a year later and ordered a veal parmigiana sandwich which was expensive and bad because the veal was ground, as well as breaded on the outside. It was like eating a bread sandwich. Recently, since we were in the area, we foolishly tried the Loft once more. I was served a cheeseburger that had Cheese Wiz instead of cheddar cheese as the menu indicated.

Since this hamburger was only priced at $12 I guess I needed to order one of their $15 ones to get real cheese? It's safe to say I gave the Loft more chances than it deserved and I won't be back. For a third less in price you can probably get a much better meal at a chain restaurant like Ninety Nine.

I rate them a 1 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment