Sunday, July 24, 2011

Depot Diner

23 Enon Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 922-6200
depot-diner.com

The Depot Diner is a great place to eat breakfast or lunch and probably one of the better restaurants in Beverly. I'm basing this on their food quality and how busy they always appear.

Even though I really like their food, I don't go there often for two reasons. There's always a good wait for a table and the environment can be a little crazy at times. Tables are crowded together to maximize space so it's not the place to dine if you want a quiet, relaxing meal.

What keeps me going back every so often is their food, which ranges from good to great. I also like that they have different specials every time I eat there. Usually I tend to order those, but the regular menu items are also good which include omelets, salads, sandwiches and a full selection of expected breakfast items such as pancakes, etc.

Perhaps the best thing I ate there was an omelet special that was packed with BBQ pulled pork with potatoes on the side. This thing was colossal as well as delicious. I also remember ordering a chicken parm over spaghetti special that was huge and also quite good. Both specials were priced around $10 which also made them good values.

If you're near Beverly, hungry and feeling patient, then I recommend the Depot Diner. You'll always get a good meal and sometimes a great one.

I rate them a 4 out of 5.

1 comment: