Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dailey's Restaurant & Pub

245 S Main St
Middleton, MA 01949
(978) 774-7076

We moved to the north shore in the fall of 2009 without knowing any restaurants. This means initially we tried several places randomly in the hopes of getting a decent meal. Shortly after moving to Danvers my wife and I ate at Dailey's. It was a bad meal and the place stank of fish.

Back then I remember ordering the meat loaf special with a side of squash. What I got was a small portion of food for $12 which consisted of two slices of strange tasting substance with a blob of orange crap on the side. That night I needed several antacid tablets to settle my stomach so I could sleep.

For some reason last week I tried Dailey's again for lunch. I'm usually willing to give a place a second chance, especially if some time has passed. BIG MISTAKE!! I sat at the bar and ordered a cheese burger with a beer. The Sam Adams was the only good thing in this experience.

Eventually my burger was served to me and it was not good. It was missing a mushroom topping, small and overcooked. Despite my disappointment, I didn't complain since I figured it was pointless and I wouldn't be back anyway.

Then I noticed they had Stella Atrois on tap which is one of my favorite beers so I ordered one. I can't prove it, but I'm fairly certain what was served to me was Budweiser in a Stella glass. I've drank this beer many times from bottles as well as kegs, and this didn't taste like Stella at all to me.

I hate this place! A beer and burger are the cornerstones of American comfort dining and hard to screw up. It also looks like an old dump from the outside so maybe that's a tip off. I recommend staying far away from this place if you're ever hungry and driving through Middleton on Rt.114.

I rate them a very generous 1 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment