Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ipswich Sports Bar & Grill

24 Hammatt St
Ipswich, MA 01938
(978) 356-7006

The Ipswich Sports Bar & Grill is one of my most favorite casual restaurants in the area. It doesn't look at all inviting from the outside, and the decor isn't much on the inside, but this place has incredible food (for some reason).

The food I've eaten there has ranged from good to incredible. Since I've never seen it crowded, I'm not sure it's the most popular restaurant in Ipswich, but it does have a lot of competition. Usually I order one of the specials which vary each time I dine there. The very best food I ordered there was a prime rib, open face sandwich. This was a big slab of amazing prime rib over good bread for about $8. I almost felt the urge to tell them they undercharged me.

They also have great BBQ pork sandwiches. Their spin on a Cuban sandwich contains pulled pork and it's great. Sweet potato fries are a side option, and I highly recommend them. Their prices are also extremely reasonable which is a refreshing change from the other mediocre, $10 hamburger plate restaurants around. Another item worth mentioning is that it has outdoor dining on a small patio.

I rate them a 4 out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Any successful restaurateur will tell you that they created their concept because it's the type of restaurant they love to eat at. If you create a restaurant because you think it'll be popular or because a silent partner convinced you to -- beware. Sushi Naples

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a place you could easily drive past, but well worth it to stop in and enjoy the food and atmosphere. I like this place much better than the Choate as the selection of food is better, it is bigger and you can actually hear the sound on the TV during sporting events. It also has Keno if you want to contribute to the MA economy.

    ReplyDelete