Monday, June 21, 2010

Brutole

65 Newbury Street
Danvers, MA 01923
(978) 777-6633
www.brutolerestaurant.com

Brutole is one of the few fine dining restaurants in Danvers. The first time I ate there everything was perfect from the food to the service. Unfortunately my repeat visits weren't as positive.  

For an appetizer I had the Fried Calamari which was great since it wasn't at all greasy or overly breaded. Then for the main course I had the Braised Short Ribs which were amazingly delicious, as well as a decent sized portion. My wife had a baked fish dish (can't remember which) that was also incredible since it just melted in my mouth with a buttery tenderness. The environment is very upscale and the service was extremely attentive.

This is probably more of a special occasion type of restaurant since the check came to around $100 for two and no alcohol was ordered. The only possible negative is that it's located next to a crappy motel which seems like a strange combination from the outside.

Amended 7/14/11:
Unfortunately we returned there last Valentine's Day and ended up leaving without eating. Even though we had a reservation, our table was not ready and we were asked to wait at the bar.

Rather than spending a lot of money on drinks we didn't want, to wait for a table to order food from a special menu that had fewer selections at higher prices, we left. This just seemed wrong and I have no plans on returning to Brutole, but I'm sure they'll do fine without my business.

I rate them a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment